Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

On Being Called a Liar in the Latest Rob & Caleb Show

I watched some of the latest Rob and Caleb show (LINK).  I was a little disappointed when Caleb called me a liar towards the end of the video.  He said it several times in reference to my post where I break down the claims of that awful video produced by some Israelis who hate the Rabbis and Jewish Tradition.  He said my characterizations of the claims in the video were lies--that I was lying.

Now, it's one thing to say "You made some inaccurate statements."  But it's quite another to say that someone is telling lies.  A lie is a statement that is intentionally deceptive.

And then Rob Vanhoff hopped on the bandwagon of hate and said that my blog has no content, nothing edifying.

A liar with nothing to contribute--that's what they think of me.  That really hurts.  Caleb thinks he has looked into my heart and seen this dark motivation to spread deceit.

Well, that's the hazards of blogging for you.

Dear Reader, I think you've gotten to know me in the last few years as I've written this blog.  I've shared some intimate details about my upbringing, the struggles I face.  I talk a lot.  I share these things because I love Messianics, I love the Jewish Roots of our faith, and I love talking about Judaism.  I've always loved Judaism.  I've always been made fun of for loving Jews and Judaism.  But my heart will always remain full of love for Israel.  Earlier today I was very concerned at the headlines that said Iran was planning to invade Northern Israel very soon.  These things concern me because G-d placed a deep love for Israel in my heart.  I don't feel like Israel is "them".  I feel "that's my people!"

And now Caleb is calling my heart into question.  I feel really hurt by that.

And despite what Rob Vanhoff said, I don't think my contribution has been worthless.  If nothing else, I hope others have enjoyed seeing another Messianic who is passionate about Scripture and Yeshua, a Messianic who hopes in a vision of a Messianic movement united and inclusive, where Jews and Gentiles can fellowship together in the same shul.  I hope for a movement that will survive the coming Apostasy, I hope that my family will survive the coming persecution.

I hope that you, Dear Reader, see my heart.

I hope.




3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Peter, and shake it off.

    In my 11 years of blogging, I've had all kinds of flak from all kinds of people. It hurts, but you forgive, learn, grow in patience. And you learn to advance your values in ways that doesn't inflame people who should be your allies.

    Be strong. Keep speaking your values.

    An early Shabbat shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, brother. Shabbat shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only Yeshua can make righteous judgment. Many times people make unrighteous judgment or self righteous one. Knowing Yeshua and His love for us is the best remedy from any attacks. He is the true friend and He knows our heart the best. People make mistakes, God never makes mistakes. Have Shalom!

    ReplyDelete