Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jehovah's Witnesses

Within the last month, I've been targeted three times by Jehovah's Witnesses---while sitting in my car.  With the first lady, I said nothing.  Just politely accepted the Watchtower journal she gave me.  I did make note of her eyes, that there was something off about them.

But today I had had enough.  The lady--a different lady, African American this time--approached and noted, just like the other, that I had a Bible.  The first lady had smiled and said"Oh, you're reading your Bible--a man after my own heart".  This lady said something like "Oh, you've got the Holy Bible."  

Then I blitzed her.

I opened the Bible and turned to Colossians.  Now, for those who don't know the context of Colossians, Paul wrote it because some false teachers there were saying that Yeshua was not G-d.  This forced Paul to write passages such as the following:

"The Son is the image of the invisible God..." (Col. 1:15)

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form..." (Col. 2:9)

Not to mention the fact that Paul (and others) refer to Yeshua as "L-rd".

Now this lady didn't want to hear that.  She didn't want to hear that Yeshua was G-d.  So I looked directly (and I mean directly) in her eyes and said:

"You have a spirit of deception. I'm going to pray for you now."

She said, "That's okay, my friend has to be somewhere and---"

"Father, I ask that you take away this spirit of deception in Yeshua's name!"

As the lady took off, I continued praying for her and felt tears streaming down my face.  This weeping in the Spirit happens to me from time to time. It used to embarrass me but now that I know what it is I just let it happen and allow myself to look foolish.  

Dear reader, we are at war.  I hope you know that.  I hope you study so that you will know what to say when the enemy comes after you and your family.  He'll come at you in every form.  He is adaptable.  He doesn't get discouraged...

...and he never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment