Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fellowshipping with the Pastor on Erev Yom Teruah

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path," (Psalm 119:105)

So we were at the Wednesday night dinner at a certain local Baptist church and it was erev Yom Teruah.  We were in the gymnasium seated at a table, me, my wife and daughter.  Then I looked up and saw the head pastor and his wife, approaching our table.  The pastor smiled and asked if he could join us.  "Of course," I said.

At some point in the conversation, after talking about the church's involvement in various Messianic ministries, I asked him about his philosophy on all of that and whether he had a long-term vision for the church.

His response (paraphrased):

"Peter, my philosophy and long-term vision is simple:   
Obedience.   
Obedience to wherever G-d leads.   
There was an archeologist in Israel who was on a dig and he uncovered a very small lamp.  Someone remarked what a small lamp it was and said, 'Why have such a small lamp?'  The archeologist replied, 'To see the next step.'  I think that's the way G-d is leading us right now, one step at a time.  We don't really know where this will lead.  All we know is that we have to be obedient each step of the way."
I like this guy!

We also attended the Rosh HaShanah event at this same church yesterday evening.  I couldn't believe how many people were there!  Maybe a hundred?  Pastors from different churches were there blowing shofars!

One last thing, a good friend of mine who lives in a different state said that he started visiting a Messianic fellowship that meets in a Baptist church!  This is the Ruach at work.  These sorts of things were unheard of when I was growing up (which, incidentally, was also a Baptist environment).  

Shalom and Blessings to the True Brothers and Sisters in Yeshua,

Peter

1 comment:

  1. Peter,

    I agree with you 100 percent. It is one of the main reasons I continue to seek the truth about Yeshua, even as a "ben Noach". I think it is amazing, and seems miraculous.

    I have met many people in the church who are being drawn to Torah, the Jewish roots of their faith etc.

    Personally, I feel that what we are seeing may be the beginning of a sort of "Joseph being revealed to his brothers" scenario.

    Joseph's brothers (representing the Jewish nation) did not recognize their brother Joseph (representing Yeshua/their redeemer) because outwardly he looked Egyptian(representing the Romanization of the faith). He had to reveal himself to them.

    As the church is led by G-d to the Torah and to the Jewish people, Yeshua may indeed be revealed as the Messiah to his brothers!

    What ever G-d's plan is, these are exciting times!

    ReplyDelete