Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

G-d's (Possible) Response to a Question I Asked Last Week





So the other week I covered my eyes and spoke to my Abba and asked Him about the speaking in tongues.  I said that I was open to receive it if He wanted me to have it.  And then I waited...  No response. 

Well, later that week I was at work in the break room, flipping through a local newspaper.  There was a religious section and a pastor had written a little piece about speaking in tongues.  In a nutshell, he said not to worry if you don't speak in tongues.  He said that the Bible says that if you believe in Jesus then you have the Spirit and that speaking in tongues was merely one sign of that indwelling.

Coincidence?  Perhaps.  But, either way, it was still comforting.

1 comment:

  1. I think speaking in tongues is for the single purpose of glorifying God, like what we see in Acts, at the feast of Shavuot, and people were hearing the message in their own languages. Some today argue that speaking in tongues is just a bunch of babbling, thus I think it is important to also know what you are asking for and looking for, I do not believe in the later, at least my my understanding of scriptures, I can come to a babbling conclusion.

    ReplyDelete