Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Christian Congregations Are Going One-Law! You're Not Gonna Believe This Story!


Several things clicked for me just now.  I now understand that the Christian congregations are going to go One Law.  But let me back up...

(Click #1) G-d is working through the Christians.  The people we sat with last night at Grove Avenue Baptist relayed to us the following story that confirmed this to us:

"When Pastor mark Becton of Grove Avenue Baptist Church in Richmond went in for routine surgery in August 2006, he had no idea how the Lord would use him that day or how a man of faith had been praying for the hospital’s staff. he didn’t know the surgical team or their personal struggles. he wasn’t aware of the encouragement they needed, but the Lord knew. the surgeon, Dr. Burton Sundin, had recently been questioning God’s plan for his life, and the surgical nurse, Carol miller, had just told her team the week before that she felt used up and worthless to God. they deeply needed personal encouragement, and neither expected it to come from a fully anesthetized patient.
Dr. Gail heppner, the anesthesiologist on duty that day, recalls the moment she realized something spectacular was taking place. Given her expertise, she knew Pastor Becton was under anesthesia, yet he began to speak. Dr. heppner describes, “[Dr. Becton] was talking, articulate—clear as a bell. Dr. Becton spoke with intensity and a furrowed brow, though his eyes never opened. It was then [that]
I realized it was not a man— rather, this was the holy Spirit [speaking]. the room became very, very quiet, and we listened like sponges, so intently.”
While under anesthesia, Pastor Becton quoted Jeremiah 29:11, “I know the plans that I have for you...” and Ephesians 3:20-21, “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask...” Dr.
Sundin shares, “the holy Spirit was speaking directly to me. he comforted me, [essentially] saying, ‘God has such great plans for you, Dr. Sundin.’ the Spirit moved through that operating room, and no one could speak. When the operation was over, I went to the bathroom and wept. [They] were tears of joy!” The Lord had given Dr. Sundin the encouragement and confirmation that he so desperately needed.
Just a few moments later, Pastor Becton uttered, “someone here feels used up and worthless...it is not true.” With those words, the Lord spoke straight to the heart of Carol miller, the surgical nurse. he summed up the feelings she had just expressed to her team the week before, and he refuted the lies that Satan had been feeding her. Carol recalls, “Dr. Becton’s lips were moving, but God was telling me he had a purpose for me—[essentially] telling me, ‘Carol, let me have it—all your hurt and pain—just give it up,’ and that’s what I did.” Carol explains that when the Devil knows he can’t have a person’s soul, he goes after his/her mind. that is exactly what he had done to her, convincing her she was no longer of value. the Lord, however, wanted Carol to know that her life had value."

You can actually see the testimony of this surgical team because they were all so moved that they visited the church and spoke during the broadcast service.  You can purchase that video here (it's entitled "G-d Spoke":


Notice anything else on that link?  Grove Avenue's media store sells video series on Passover, Sukkot, etc.  

Anyway, that story shows you that G-d is working with the Christians.

(Click #2) G-d is calling the Christians to follow Torah.  Judah Himango is addressing this in an upcoming series at his blog:


We're seeing it wherever we go.  I'm seeing it at Grove Avenue Baptist.  As I mentioned, they're now teaching about the moedim and integrating Messianic-run Shabbat seders on Friday nights.  They're taking their congregants on pilgrimages to Israel:


They're integrating prayer services with the local Messianic community:


And so I'd say that it's been revealed to me that Christians are going One Law but you'd have to be blind to not see what G-d is doing.

This is extraordinary!

Next week I'm going to start taking my family to non-Messianic synagogue in addition to church.  Pray that that goes as well as the other.  

Shalom,

Peter

1 comment:

  1. It will happen in much larger numbers, just 3 years ago, a whole church near where I live, went the way of observing Torah, half the church left, to be expected. And a bigger church in a near city also went this direction as well.

    Paul already stated this would come when quoting Deut in Romans 10, and also echoed in Romans 11:

    “I will make you jealous by that which is not a nation, By a nation without understanding will I anger you.”

    "I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous."

    Paul sees this vision of Gentiles provoking Jews to jealousy which will turn them back to God. I think we can all agree, Christianity for the past 2000 years has not done this at all, in fact, has done the opposite, and is not doing it now either, so Paul obviously did not have Christianity in mind, I say that because some are ignorant enough to actually believe Christianity existed during that time period. That said, I think this will ultimately be fulfilled in the Gentiles taking up their place in covenant(by adoption), reaping the covenant blessings, as me and my family have, and the natural branches being provoked, because all of this belongs to them(the Jews), but as a gentile, we are adopted, not natural inheritors.

    ReplyDelete